In this article I will describe the steps that are needed to decrypt files that are infected with TeslaScript.
- Use a virusscanner (for example Hitman Pro) to remove TeslaCrypt from your computer.
- Go to ID Ransomware and upload an infected file:
- Upload the infected file:
- Download TeslaDecoder.zip:
- And save the file:
- Start TeslaDecoder.exe and click on [Set Key]:
- In this case the extension is the same as the original one:
- And click on [Set key]:
- Click on [Decrypt folder] to decrypt the folder with the infected files:
- Overwrite existing files:
- The decrypt has completed:
- Close the application:
- And open the decrypted file and see the magic:
Some basic guidelines:
- Save your files on OneDrive or OneDrive for Business. Disable the synchronization client.
If you get infected, the files that are stored on OneDrive or OneDrive for Business are not effected.
- Make a backup of all your data to an external device.
- Enable previous versions.
- Never trust emails that have an attachment. Read the mail in preview mode, and delete the mail with SHIFT DELETE if your in doubt.
More information can be found at:
- No More Ransom Project
- Cryptolocker Virus Removal: How To Decrypt or Restore Encrypted Files And Remove Ransomware Malware For Free [VIDEO]
- TeslaCrypt shuts down and Releases Master Decryption Key